Our Children’s Plan will cover all the dental health needs of a child up to the age 18.
Your dentist will carry out a full oral examination and which will determine the monthly payment.Once set, this single monthly payment will cover your child for any standard treatments subsequently required, including their examinations and hygienist appointments.
The level of cover for any individual will be at the discretion of each dentist.
In addition to regular routine care, LIDP will provide you with dental accident and emergency cover. This policy covers emergency treatment by any dentist worldwide.
Your plan covers the cost of reparative treatment if an accident results in damage to your child’s teeth (within the limits of the policy).
A regular dental check-up is important because they help keep your teeth and gums healthy. You should have a regular dental visit at least every 6 months or as recommended by your dental professional.
Always use a fluoride toothpaste to help prevent and control tooth decay.
• Start brushing your baby's teeth as soon as their first milk tooth appears
• Parents or carers should supervise
• Brush teeth twice each day for at least 2 minutes
• Use a fluoride toothpaste that contains no less than 1,000ppm of fluoride
• Brush last thing before bed and after breakfast
• Use just a smear of toothpaste
• Don't eat or lick toothpaste from the tube.
• Brushing should still be supervised
• Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
• Spit after brushing and don't rinse, as that will remove some or all of the fluoride
• Use fluoride toothpaste containing 1,500ppm of fluoride.